Position Compensation Range: $94,993.60 - $151,985.60 Annual
- Independently and in collaboration with physician(s) and interdisciplinary team members, provides comprehensive clinical and organizational direction and leadership to the healthcare provider team in the care of patients.
- Performs comprehensive history and physical assessment
- Documents findings noting pertinent normal and abnormal findings
- Orders and interprets the appropriate diagnostic labs and tests
- Forms medical diagnoses based on history, assessment and diagnostic findings
- Develops, implements and evaluates treatment plans
- Prescribes and recommends pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions
- Initiates appropriate specialty consultations referrals when requisite
- Initiates and evaluates clinical pathways and protocols
- Collaborates with Attendings and/or Fellows regarding admissions and community transfers
- Facilitates the timely flow of patients via collaboration with interdisciplinary team members and supports all interdisciplinary relationships
- Recognizes acute/emergent situations requiring immediate responsiveness and initiates life-saving interventions, alerting the interdisciplinary team members for assistance
- Recognizes and incorporates age-specific requirements, communicates plan of care with patients and families
- Advocates for patients and family members in educational needs, treatment options, participation in care and ethical issues and patient rights with recognition and consideration of the diverse needs of the individual/family
- Provides consultation in specialty area
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Coordinates meeting applicable clinical standards for all disciplines in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members
- Explains the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient families, staff and students
- Performs designated procedures after demonstrated competency
Education: Master's Degree as an Advance Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
Experience: One to two years minimum experience as an Advanced Practice Provider: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Licensure: License or license eligible as an Advance Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) as set forth by the state of Virginia. Must demonstrate and maintain all credentialing and licensing requirements of the UVA Medical Center, the Virginia Board of Medicine or the Virginia Board of Nursing, and the appropriate certifying bodies. Must be enrolled with all payers through Delegated Credentialing and can participate in Medicaid and Medicare for billing. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required. Current PALS/NRP, as required specific to position. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking/bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
LPN - Heart Clinic
About our expansion.
Our new multi-million, 6-story tower is slated to open in 2019. The project includes 425,000 sq. ft. of expanded Emergency Department/ level I trauma center and surgical suites, patient prep, recovery and interventional rooms, mostly private rooms for every patient; and much more. We’re also renovating 95,000 sq. ft. of existing hospital space.
UVA Health System has one of the nation’s most diverse workforces. We are a close-knit collaborative team that values your expertise, opinions and contributions; and puts patients at the center of everything we do. Our proven patient-first focus has earned us Magnet® designation and many other recognitions in recent years.
Quality of Life
Charlottesville, Virginia is one of the nation’s most charming and picturesque places to live and work. Livability.com ranks us #5 among its 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live. Our area boasts many excellent restaurants, wineries and craft breweries, historic sites, Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive, and a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods as well as urban and rural locations. Public transportation is excellent, and you’re just a short drive from the beach or Washington, D.C.