Careers are defined by moments. Moments you decide to pursue excellence. Moments when you grow personally and professionally. And, the moment when you take the next step in your career.
This is your moment to be part of something greater as part of the PeriOperative team at Virginia’s #1 hospital.*
As part of our PeriOperative Services Team, there are no limits to where your career can go. Here you can expand your experiences in several departments, including our state-of-the-art "Smart" Operating Room, the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Surgical Admissions Suite (SAS), Pre-Anesthesia Testing Center or our Outpatient Surgical Center.
Whatever team you join, you can rest assured that UVA Health will continue to support and enhance your development with the following:
- Continued preparedness through our innovative OR training program
- Pathways for nurses to practice the art and science of nursing at the top of their license
- Support for continuing education contributing to high rates of certification
- Nursing colleagues who will provide guidance and mentoring
- Team-based approach to care that makes every member of our staff valued contributors
- Ongoing support for nursing research conducted at the bedside
And, access to the most innovative surgical technologies, including:
- Two-way, hands-free wireless communication
- Robotics program
- High-level integration and "Smart OR" technology
- Complete computerized documentation, including monitor capture and integration with our anesthesia system
- OR Training Program
As a teaching institute, UVA Health has established strong professional training programs to allow experienced or newly trained nurses to transition into operating room care using AORN’s innovative "Periop 101" core curriculum. This comprehensive, 4–6-month curriculum provides transitioning nurses with clinical and practical training to prepare them to succeed within our surgical team.
Your dedication to patient care, commitment to clinical excellence, the pursuit of knowledge and focus on team-based medical care have prepared you for this moment.
Here you will be part of a community of medical practitioners, faculty, students and other team members who learn and even live together to exercise ingenuity, develop self-governance tools and push the boundaries of knowledge in service to the common good.
If you're ready to be part of something greater, this is your moment.